Saturday, October 29, 2011

Nestle’s Nescafe

Nestle’s Nescafe Illusory

Kahla Glasheen has been following this site each day for a couple of years now. One thing Kahla noticed is that we never featured one particular historical illusion – a poster Nestle created for their Nescafe coffee. After little research, it turns out this poster originates all the way back in 1930s. The illusion is intuitive, and in fact you should be ablre notice it quite easily. Yet the beauty and simplicity of the poster is what I really liked about it!

One thing that surprised me was your reception of our recent cinemagraph illusion. I thought you’ll be astonished, mesmerized, surprised even, yet it seems I was wrong. The difference between simple animated .gif files and cinemagraphs is not easily distinguishable. However, having more luck than taste, seems I wasn’t so wrong after all. Some of our users noticed that this “Psycho” illusion holds another well hidden easter egg inside it – a frame featuring some sort of skull-ish X-ray layer, one that isn’t so obvious.

Have to admit, I never noticed this before! It’s such a shame you didn’t react positive on cinemagraph illusions, as I had few of them lined up to be published soon. The beauty behind them should lye in the fact that only single detail gets animated, while rest of the photo stays just what it is – a still photo. Apparently it takes lots of time to create them. Check out this gallery and see if I can change your opinion ;D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Articles

2leep.com